Find Out! Vikings
Meet Viking warriors and explorers in this children's book full of photographs and illustrations, fascinating facts, and engaging challenges--from the creators of DKfindout.com, DK's free online resource for kids.
Did you know that Vikings were skilled artists and makers? Or that Icelandic Vikings ate whale meat, seals, puffins, and ponies? Find out why!
Perfect for young readers who want a highly visual history book to increase their medieval know-how, DK findout! Vikings is sure to inspire the next amazing school project or report. Inside, author Philip Steele breaks down who the Vikings were, how they lived, and why they're so important.
With this DK findout! book, you will:
- Explore the Viking forts of Denmark, Norway, and Sweden
- Read about Viking raids, including their warriors' armor and weapons
- Meet the famous Vikings of ancient tales, such as Ragnar Lothbrok and Erik the Red
- Discover Viking gods and goddesses, including Odin, Freyja, Loki, and Thor
- Hear about Viking longships from real-life boatbuilder Sren Nielsen, Head of Maritime Craft at the Viking Ship Museum in Denmark
- and find out much, much more!
The DK findout! series of kids books helps children become experts on their favorite nonfiction subjects, from dinosaurs and ancient civilizations to space, coding, and cutting-edge technology.
Learn more about history--and everything else--at www.dkfindout.com, the award-winning free educational website.